El Anticucho is a speciality form the Andean region. Anticucho can be translated to skewer. However, Anticucho is originally made with gibs and therefore Antichuos con Pollo is a variation of it.
For the chicken skewers:
- 10 chicken tenderloins (individual)
- 1 tablespoon sliced lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- calantro, parsley
- olive oil
- 10 wooden bamboo skewer
- 6 large potatoes (as side dish)
For the sauce:
- 2 yellow peppers (charred, seeded and coarsely chopped)
- vinegar, pinch of saffron threads
- 6 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 150 millilitres olive oil
- salt, pepper
- 300 grams sweet corn (1 can)
- finely chopped onion for decoration
Combine the chicken with all the other ingredients in a mixing bowl and be sure to toss it all thoroughly. Marinate for 1 hour or more. After that wash the potatoes and boil them in salted water. When they are finished don´t peel them, but cut them into pieces and keep them warm. Then prepare the sauce for this dish. Mix peppers, vinegar, saffron, garlic and mustard in a blender until it is smooth. Then add the olive oil slowly and season it with salt and pepper to taste and finally heat it up.
Later on, take your chicken tenders and place them on the skewers. Cook them on a hot grill for 4 minutes on each side. Finally, place the dish on a plate and decorate it with the finely chopped onion.
Enjoy your meal.